The Best Fudge Recipe
- 600g White Sugar
- 140 Milk
- 200g Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 135g butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp Chelsea golden syrup 3tsp
- 3 tsp vanilla essence
- Grease a 20cm square tin and line with non-stick baking paper.
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, combine the sugar and milk into a saucepan and heat gently, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves, roughly 10 minutes.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, butter, salt and golden syrup and stir until the butter has melted.
- Bring to the boil and continue boiling for 15 minutes until the mixture has darkened in colour. Stir occasionally to prevent the mixture burning on the base of the pan.
- Remove from the heat and cool for 2–3 minutes, add the vanilla.
- Beat the fudge with a wooden spoon or electric beater for about 3 minutes until thick.
- Pour into the tin and cut when cold.